Windows Activation is the process of verifying whether your copy of Windows is genuine or not. But for activation your device needs internet connection for verification or you can activate by phone too. While activation, Windows tries to connect to internet, and on failure it give gives error “Right now unable to Activate”. What if your device is not connected to Internet and still you want to activate Windows 7 on your PC. Yes, you can still try to activate Windows 7 offline using command prompt. Here are the steps. Also read How to Find Windows 10 Product Key .
First you will need to open command prompt in Windows 7.
How to Open Command Prompt in Windows 7
- To open command prompt in Windows 7, first click on Start button.
- Then navigate and click on All Programs.
- Next select Accessories.
- Choose Command prompt from accessories list. Right click on it select “Run as Administartor”.
Another way to open command prompt in windows 7 is by going to the path C:\Windows\System32 . Find cmd.exe file & right click to select ‘Run as Administrator’ option. Also read Way to know saved Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10.
Steps to Activate Windows 7 Offline
- Open Command prompt in Windows 7 by following as mention above.
- In Command prompt type
slmgr.vbs /upk. This command uninstalls the current product key. So enter it if necessary, else proceed to next step.You will get a popup message as soon as you enter this command.
- Then type
slmgr.vbs -ipk YOUR-PURCHASED-OR-OEM-PRODUCT-KEY. In command replace “YOUR-PURCHASED-OR-OEM-PRODUCT-KEY” with Windows 7 Product key. This command installs the new product key.
- Finally type-in
slmgr.vbs -atofor activating your product key.
- After entering each command, wait for few seconds till the operation completes. Proceed further only when you get a pop-up notification for each command. Also Read How to Skip Login Screen in Windows 10.