Amazon Fire Phone is the first Smart Phone recently launched by Amazon on June 18, 2014. It features a 4.7-inch display with HD resolution (may not be Full HD or Quad HD), made out of Gorilla Glass 3 and also has a rubber frame at the edge. Therefore, Fire Phone is optimized for one handed use. Its features include 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, dual Dolby stereo speakers and lot more special features.
- One of its special features is “Mayday”, which lets customers to contact Amazon tech experts 24/7, 365 days a year, for any technical issue by hitting the button called Mayday.
- Another feature that Amazon fire has is the “Firefly”. This feature is similar to an online showroom that helps customers to find products or services in the real world. The Fire Phone has a dedicated button for Firefly as well.
- Amazon fire as they call it has a 3D effects “Dynamic Perspective.” This feature allows users to interact with content like maps or images with a simple gradient giving the observer a 3D effect. This is an amazing feature.
Amazon is Great…
Amazon has taken much effort in developing head tracking software which helps to identify head motions of users and this effect was achieved by four front-facing cameras, Infrared sensors and a great algorithm. There are lots of things which are very unique to the Amazon Smart Phone.
Super Apps just for you…
There are some small apps too such as the calendar app which will alert you on the schedule, app to silent the ringer for a set duration of time which the user need to avoid any calls, and immediate message sending facility to many recipients just by swiping from the right.
Amazon has announced that the Fire Phone will be exclusively used with AT&T. You can buy Amazon Fire Phone from Amazon store or from AT&T stores. Amazon has set set the price of Amazon Fire phone to be $650 for a 32GB unit and $750 for a 64GB unit. However it is available at lesser price with two years contract with AT&T. So what are you waiting for? Go and get one for yourself.
High level Specifications of Amazon Fire Phone…
- Screen: 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 pixel LCD screen
- Processor: 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor
- Graphics: Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Memory: 32 or 64GB of storage
- Cloud storage: 5GB of extra free space via the Amazon Cloud Drive
- NFC: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Data: 4G LTE
- Battery: 2400 mAh battery (up to 11 hours during video playback and 22 hours of talk time)