Typing each recipient email id can be overwhelming and time consuming while composing an email. But if you use Google Contacts Group or Label, composing email becomes easy and fast. Grouping contacts also helps in keeping your contacts well categorized and managed. In this article you will learn how to create and use Google Contacts. For Newer Version Google uses Label for Contacts grouping. So we will use both Contacts Group and Contacts Label in this article.
How to Create Google Contacts Group or Label
Google has rolled out new version of its contacts. Google improved the look of Contacts interface and made it a bit easy to use. In new version, for Grouping contacts Google is using labels. So in I am mentioning the steps for both newer and older versions. Here are the Steps for creating Google contact Groups.
- Sign in To Google and open Gmail.
- Go to the top, and Click on Gmail Drop-down. To open Google contacts, click on Contacts in opened drop-down .
For Newer Google contacts version
For Older Google Contacts version
You are done. While composing email, you can easily fetch contacts by just typing contact group or label name.
How to Use Google Contacts Group or Label While Composing Email
Contacts group is a smart way for saving time. You can cut down the time required for typing each email id one by one each time when you send email to same persons. To use Google Contacts Label or Google Contacts Group Follow these steps.
- Open Gmail. Click on compose email.
- In recipient Section Type contact group/ contact label name.
- As soon as you will type desired contacts group name, all contacts in that group will be fetched in Recipient Section.