In January this year, WhatsApp announced WhatsApp Web by which you can access your existing WhatsApp account on desktops, laptops, and tablets by opening it in browsers.so you must be wondering what is WhatsApp web basically.
What is WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is a computer based extension of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are fully synced between your phone and your computer, and you can see all messages on both devices. Any action you take on the phone will apply to WhatsApp Web and vice versa.
This time WhatsApp Web is only available for Android, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60, Nokia S40 Single SIM EVO, BlackBerry and BB10 smartphones. Till now it has no support for iOS devices.
To use WhatsApp web you should have an active WhatsApp account. To open WhatsApp web on your computer you need latest versions of any of browser among Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari (MacOS 10.8+ only) .You cannot open it in Internet Explorer as WhatsApp has not given any support for IE yet.
How to use WhatsApp Web
To use WhatsApp Web you should have a stable internet connection on your computer. Here are steps how to use it.
- Open any of browsers among Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari.
- Visit to web.whatsapp.com in your browser. On opening you will see a QR code that you need to scan with your phone to log in.
- Open your active WhatsApp account on your phone and Go to the Menu. For most devices the menu button is a physical button on your phone. It is not part of the screen. The icon for the menu button will look different on different phones. If you are not able to find it go to Where is the Menu button.
- Once you found menu go to Menu > WhatsApp Web. On tapping WhatsApp Web, it will try it to start camera on your phone to scan the QR code. Hence be sure that a WhatsApp permission setting in your phone for using camera is set to allow or not. Now scan the QR code opened on your computer by using your phone to point it at your desktop screen to read the code .
- After scanning QR code you will be automatically logged into WhatsApp on the web in your desktop.
- Once you are logged in to WhatsApp Web on your desktop, from your phone, navigate to WhatsApp Web to view your Logged in computers or to logout from an active WhatsApp Web session.